We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

Montreal
Level Contributor
797 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

Travelling with my daughter this time. Will be going to UCB comedy night, and also a Drag show at LIPS. The reviews seemed better than Lucky Chengs. I will let everyone know later.

As for shopping question........looking for sales/bargains in the LES, Soho area as we are heading to the Volcom store first. If not, open to other areas too. Mainly looking for clothes for my daughter who likes Volcome,DC, Quicksilver, Roxy, Vans,etc.(jeans, hoodies, also JEWERLY!!) I will be making a stop at Macy's and DSW for myself.

Once again THANKS!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

This is a great time of year for sales but not sure you'll find jeans and hoodies on sale. Maybe. I assume you know about Uniqlo? i always see great sales at the Anthrpologie in Soho but not sure how good it is for jeans and hoodies.

What kind of jewelry does she like?? There's Earrings Plaza (more than earrings) near Macy's.

www.yelp.com/biz/earrings-plaza-new-york

Laila Rowe is a chain of inexpensive accessories stores. i go to the one near Bloomingdales but there's one on Prince st.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Laila+Rowe&find_loc=New+York%2C+NY+10001&ns=1

Montreal
Level Contributor
797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

Not familiar with Uniqlo. Where is Anthropologie exactly? My daughter loves RINGS, silver, amythste.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, always easier if you are looking for something specific.

The jewelry place looks cool too.

Edited: 19 August 2012, 01:19
Montreal
Level Contributor
797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

NYWhiz..........I checked out the above stores, and got their addresses. I'm sure we must have walked past them before, just did not go in. Will make an effort this time.

Thanks again.

Montreal
Level Contributor
797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

@NYWhiz.....We're also going to stop by the bookstore at 126 Crosby st, and maybe go back to Strand bookstore, if we walk that far along Broadway.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

She has to go to Uniqlo - though it's possible the style may be too ... something ...not grungy enough for her.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

We love Uniqlo, we were in there today, some great prices. My brother wanted me to buy some more of their shirts for him as they were great quality. They had lots of hoodies and pants.

Funniest store yet is Joe Fresh, which we Canadians associate with Loblaws grocery store, they have a huge two story store on fifth. Found it amusing.

Macy's had tons of stuff on sale, but was mobbed. Had to get out of there. But there juniors/teen floor was one big sale. Get the discount. And for the extra 10% off. Lovely daughter got some great jewellery at more than 50% off.

Also in Greenwich Village, opposite the Poisson Rouge bar there is an indoor market. Got some funky stuff there for us both.

Edited: 19 August 2012, 04:00
Montreal
Level Contributor
797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

@bogwoppit.........thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I was thinking of getting the Macy's discount, 10% off is better than nothing. I have never been to Macy's, so looking forward to it. Hopefully it won't be so busy on Monday. Joe Fresh is in the Loblaws near me, and have bought a couple of things there before. Yeah, kinda funny to hear that it is in NYC. The indoor market sounds awesome, always a good endroit to find original, handmade items, something my daughter loves.

I hope you had a great time at the Flea market yesterday. The one in Williamsburgh today is really great, especially by the river. Hope to see you tomorrow at the hotel. Have a great day.

Montreal
Level Contributor
797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

@mcvisor..........we will give it a try this time. The worst that will happen is that we walk out empty handed. Thanks.

9. Re: Arrive this Monday morning,2nites only... Shopping question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 05:17