We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trump SoHo vs. Mondrian Soho.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trump SoHo vs. Mondrian Soho.

After researching many hotels, I've decided that I may splurge a bit for my 50th bday weekend at the end of September and have narrowed it down to these two hotels. (At least for today!) Both get excellent reviews, seem to have wonderful views of the city, etc. Both in Soho. Really wanted to be close to the West Village. Hope they are both in walking distance. Any opinions on either of these hotels?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,971 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trump SoHo vs. Mondrian Soho.

Trump is much more elegant. Mondrian more kitschy and should be a lot less expensive. Look at photos of both on

Oyster.com

I assume you know there are a lot more hotels in Soho?

http://www.oyster.com/search/?q=SoHo%2C+Manhattan%2C+New+York+City&qa=location%3Asoho-manhattan-127

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trump SoHo vs. Mondrian Soho.

Whiz,

No...not really familiar with Soho, at all. Just wanted to be close to the Village and away from Midtown. Saw these 2 and thought they looked beautiful...mostly the views. Is there someplace else you would suggest in Soho?

3. Re: Trump SoHo vs. Mondrian Soho.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 05:17