We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citifield hotels

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Citifield hotels

Can anyone recommend a hotel within walking distance to Citifield or easy on/off and safe to the subway???

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,034 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Citifield hotels

Any specific reason why you need to stay nearby? This will also bump up your query.

…mlb.com/nym/…

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Citifield hotels

We are going to the tennis at Flushing meadows just beside Citifield and we are staying in long island city, which connects well to the location.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citifield hotels

There is no hotel closer to CitiField than the Willets Point Boulevard station of the #7 train is. It would thus be easiest to take the subway and walk from the station than it would be to walk from a hotel. Thus, any hotel that is close to a station of the #7 train (such as those in downtown Flushing, or in Long Island City, or near Grand Central Terminal, or Bryant Park, or Times Square) or that is close to a station of a line that connects with the #7 (and that is all of them) would have easy access to CitiField.

This means in effect that you can stay at just about any hotel in New York City and have easy access to CitiField...

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citifield hotels

Don't want to stay in NYC, not familiar with the areas in Queens. Would like easy access to Citifield. Looked at some hotels in L.I. City but reviews say it is dark and not necessarily safe at night??

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Citifield hotels

Um, hnsadler, Long Island City is IN Queens, and Queens is IN New York City. Did you really not know that?

As for the area around Queensboro Plaza, where the most convenient hotels in Long Island City for your purpose are located, being "dark" I can also assure you that we have had street lights in New York City for a good long time now -- and as for safety, I am not sure why you would think that anyone here would tell you to stay in a dangerous area. Is that the sort of advice you would give? It certainly isn't what I do. I can therefore tell you with much satisfaction that this isn't like Florida; you are indeed safe on the street here.

Edited: 23 August 2012, 00:35
Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Citifield hotels

Those "dark and unsafe" comments are usually posted by folks not used to a big city. The area is a bit industrial but not at all unsafe.

You could stay anywhere in any hotel near a subway and have easy access to Citifield,since it is on the 7 line

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Citifield hotels

Greenwhiteblue, your snarky comments are not appreciated. I did know Queen is in NYC, I meant to stay Manhattan or NYC proper. Regarding the dark and unsafe streets in Long Island City, read the hotel reviews for the hotels in Long Island City, many reviewers felt unsafe walking from the subway at night. If it was just me I wouldn't be concerned but I will be traveling with my 9 year old and want a safe experience. I grew up on the East End of LI and lived in Midtown for 10 years before leaving the state. If you have nothing to add besides a FLAME to the person posing a question, don't bother posting. I hope your post made you fee superior to this "lowly" Florida transplant.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,304 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Citifield hotels

There are MANY hotels in Flushing, which is walking distance from both Citi Field and the Tennis Center. Flushing also has a lot of great restaurants.

The Sheraton is the nicest hotel in Flushing. The Best Western and Comfort Inn are basic, but also very convenient and on the same block. The Lexington Marco has gotten very good reviews in the past. If you don't want to have to go far, the Flushing hotels will be very easy to use.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Citifield hotels

Flushing would be the closest to CitiField and the tennis. There are several hotels in Flushing.

The Flushing neighborhood is largely Korean and various Asian ethnicities. You'll see lots of signage in non-western characters. I like going to Flushing for the great Korean bbq and the great Chinese food. It is somewhat congested and occasionally feels like being on the busy streets of Kowloon (greater Hong Kong). I like it.

The Long Island Rail Road has frequent service so if you wanted to stay in Nassau County near Great Neck / Port Washington (although I do not know of any specific hotels), you'd have a very easy commute.

Long Island City is perfectly safe. The hotels down by the waterfront are much more removed from the subway and involve walking some dark / desolate streets at night. Some of the hotels near the 21st Street station are opposite a large public housing complex. The hotels I highly recommend are not anywhere near either of those two locations. I recommend the Country Inn, the Comfort Inn, the Holiday Inn Manhattanview, etc. Those hotels are all right near Queensboro Plaza and / or the 39th Avenue subway stations. Not dark, not desolate, absolutely nothing to worry about. Long Island City is as broad and diverse as simply saying "New York City" - it isn't one size fits all.

No matter how posh or cushy lifestyle you live, I don't think you could feel at all uncomfortable at the Country Inn or the Comfort Inn and walk the one block past new luxury condos to the Queensboro Plaza subway station and the 7 train out to CitiField and the tennis.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,232 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Citifield hotels

I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites several times, some of them solo. The direct vicinity is boring, but not unsafe. There are many affordable hotels surrounding it, just make sure you're close to the subway, and preferably line 7. Getting to Citifield will be a breaze.

Go Mets ^_^