We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TriBeCa for the day

Level Contributor
314 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
TriBeCa for the day

We will be taking the train in early to GC ona sunday and have decided to set a goal for this year to spend a day In each of NYC's wonderful neighborhoods. First on the list for this trip is TriBeCa.

I have looked at some older posts but wonder if an expert can give me a days worth of highlights./ not to miss places including breakfast stop, unique shops and any neighborhood gems as we walk around.

Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
141 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,015 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,127 Reviews
from US$57.00*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,395 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TriBeCa for the day

Though it's more well known as a lunch and dinner destination, Locanda Verde serves very good breakfast foods:

If you like mystery or crime novels, be sure to stop at the Mysterious Bookshop:

There are several good clothing stores in the area, like

Blue in Green (men's): http://blueingreensoho.com/

An A Uno (women's): http://www.aunotribeca.com/

And there's a branch of the Housing Works Thrift Shop:

If you're into pens (hey, you never know), the Fountain Pen Hospital is a New York classic:

The Impossible Project Space, just over Canal in Soho, is fun for photo nuts:

For dinner, Sushi Azabu is very good:

As is Corton: http://www.cortonnyc.com/

And Atera is the hottest and most inventive high-end restaurant in town these days:

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TriBeCa for the day

Art gallery listings aren't so precise about their neighborhoods, but I'm sure there are several in TriBeCa. I think you should expand just a little so you are sure to have more than you can see in a day. But maybe closed Sunday.

Just beyond your perimeter, there's the spruced up waterfront, the Irish Hunger Memorial, artwork in the lobby of the Goldman Sachs building, Rockefeller Park with a huge Tom Otterness bronze sculpture installation. You're near City Hall Park too, which still has sculpture on display. I've always wanted to take the Goldman Sachs-subsidized ferry to Jersey City, but that's perhaps too far afield for your one day, and it might not be frequent on Sunday. I think the J&R Audio/Computer/Home/Office stores are open on Sunday-Park Place.

Edited: 24 August 2012, 17:03
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
101,509 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TriBeCa for the day

Should be useful for all your excursions. They have a few different slfguided tours of Tribeca. I do think an entire day may be a bit much for Tribeca. You could essily include either parts of Soho above it or fonancial diatrict below it. Agree that Locanda Verde is a lovely upscale breakfast option. Bubby's is a more basic diner type option.

Level Contributor
314 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TriBeCa for the day

Thanks all for the links and suggestions. A walking tour plan is exactly what I had in mind. Will keep financial district in mind if we need more options or just saunter over to some of our usual stops before heading home.

Many thanks..always great advice from trip advisor posters!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TriBeCa for the day

If the weather is nice walk over to the waterfront and do a loop around pier 25 (cross West Street at Harrison or N. Moore, and look back at the city when you get to the end).

Don't miss Staple Street with its little elevated walkway--it's probably on one of the walking off tours.

A good resource for TriBeCa food and events is

6. Re: TriBeCa for the day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 07:15
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor