We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you go inside the Statue of Liberty?

Scotland
9 posts
Save Topic
Can you go inside the Statue of Liberty?

Was wondering if it is possible to still go inside the statue and go up to the top inside her crown? Someone told me you could, but I have checked various websites and cant find anything that says you can. Is this still the case?

Thanks

Flushing, NY
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you go inside the Statue of Liberty?

You can go inside the Statue but are no longer allowed up into the crown.

Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you go inside the Statue of Liberty?

Just a quick recommendation about going inside and up to the first level they only sell a set number of tickets for this each day so if you do want to go get to the ticket office early, we were there in November last year and they sold out by 9AM.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you go inside the Statue of Liberty?

If you go to the statue of Liberty web site www.statuereservations.com you can book one of the 2 tours - the Observatory tour is the longest and you get to go to the base of the Statue and see up inside it. We did it in December and it was brilliant. They only release 10 tickets per day for the tours if you try to get tickets on the day - these were gone by 8.30am the morning we went - so if you can book in advance - you pick the tickets up from a separate booth at Clinton Castle - leave a good 2 hours prior to your tour time to get over to the statue as the queues for the ferrys can be long

Note you will go through security twice if you do a tour - once before getting on the boat and again before entering the statue.

definatley worth it!

Have a good time

Sarah

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you go inside the Statue of Liberty?

Hi Sarah, can you tell me how long the observatory tour takes? Thanks...