We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

Is 3 hours enough to catch the next flight after coming back from oversea? Time to clear custom and get shuttle from the 2 airports.

Or should we be safe and get a hotel and fly next day.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
Best Seller
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Best Seller
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

If I read you correctly the second plane from LGA leaves 3 hours after the first one lands. If that is the case it is almost next to impossible. Spend the night at a hotel!

Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

What I mean is, We are arriving at 4:00 pm and the next flight leaves at Laguardia at 7:00pm. Thanks

New York City
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

Are you a US Citizen or not?

The line at JFK for US Citizens is ALOT shorter than for non-citizens

You can usually get threw immigration as a US citizen fairly quickly , The line for non-citizens is alot longer and moves much more slowly

Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

Oh thanks rdg lady. We will get a hotel.

Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

How about getting a shuttle? Does that take time. We are proud USA citizens.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
56,528 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

There is no separate line for "Proud" versus "Not Proud". It will take the same time either way.

There is no way to make a 3 hour connection with an International arrival at JFK and a departure from LaGuardia.

OK, let me rephrase that: In theory, if everything goes very well, you might make it. But it's not a connection I would plan on making.

7. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2012, 14:30
Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

LOL., Thank you for your help.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,882 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

Howard--the line for US citizens is "usually" shorter. I came in last Sept. and stood for over 1.5 hours. I am returning next week to the US and I hope it is NOT the same. No fun at all!!!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
612 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jfk airport to Laguardia airport

If your flight into JFK and your flight out of LGA are on the same ticket AND the airline takes responsibility for ensuring you make the connection, then you can try. (FYI, I doubt any airline would make such a guarantee, and I wouldn't try it either way.)

If you have a non-guaranteed connection even within the same airport, then this is a really bad idea - what if your incoming flight is delayed?

I see these types of questions all the time and just can't figure it out. Has nobody considered flight delays? Or is everybody asking this question wealthy enough to afford buying a standby ticket in case of a problem?