We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First NYC Trip - Draft Itinerary - Help Please

Warner Robins, GA
5 posts
Save Topic
First NYC Trip - Draft Itinerary - Help Please

My husband and I will be visiting NYC Sept 9th -15th for the first time and will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on Tuesday, Sep 11th. We are staying in Times Square. We plan to use the subway/hop on hop off bus for transportation. We do have a wish list for a handful of city restaurants which I don’t know where to fit in my itinerary; Eataly, Seaport Café, Katz’s Deli, Lombardi’s, Tamarind’s. Any non-tourist suggestions are welcome. As for restaurants in Brooklyn, we are considering Francesco’s and/or Peter Luger Steakhouse. Again, I’m not sure where to fit any these choices in our schedule or if they are even decent restaurant choices. Also, would appreciate any recommendations for good night life hang outs. Preferably in East Village, West Village or Chelsea. But, not set solely on these areas. Somewhere local folks go to have a good time. Below is our very draft itinerary. Does seem realistic?

Sunday (arrive 2pm)

- Purchase our 7-day Metro Pass and jump on the hop on hop off

bus for a full ride around the city.

- China Town

- Little Italy

- Greenwich Village

- Chelsea Market

- West Village

- Soho

- Tribeca

Monday

- TOTR (morning)

- Rockefeller

- St Patrick’s Cathedral

- Grand Central Station (maybe the Oyster Bar for lunch)

- East Village

- Times Square (evening)

Tuesday – Anniversary Day

- Explore Upper East Side

- Lunch at Katz Deli (not sure if this lunch location is convince for

the remain of the days agenda)

- Explore Central Park explore (rent a row boat). We can’t decide

which restaurant to celebrate our special day. It’s between the

Boathouse or River Café.

- Find a romantic bar. Possibly a roof top bar (suggestions?)

Wednesday

- SOL and Ellis Island 9am

- Financial District

- St. Paul's Chapel

- 911 Memorial 5:30pm

- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge

- Dinner in Brooklyn – Perhaps Francesco’s or Peter Lugers

(suggestions welcomed)

- Walk back over the Brooklyn Bridge or taxis/subway back to

Manhattan?

Thursday

- Williamsburg

- Prospect Park

- South Street Sea Point and Fish Market

- Brooklyn Heights Promenade (day or evening?)

Friday

No set plans. I know we’ve missed a lot. Any suggestions on "must-do" would be greatly appreciated. We haven’t yet decided if we’ll do a Broadway show. If we do, it would most likely be Friday.

People watching in some of the parks: Washington Square, Union Square or Bryant Park. Would any one of these parks fit in our itinerary?

Saturday (depart LGA at 11am)

Breakfast and head to the airport.

Look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
294 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First NYC Trip - Draft Itinerary - Help Please

Am afraid I have to agree with the above comment think you are taking on a bit much - I visited a few years back and there is no way I could of fitted all that in.

I would draw p a list of your must sees and make sure you do all them first then move on to the other things that aren't that important to you. Although the city is quite compact it still is quite large and you do have a very long list for each day.

Also think about a show - it really. Is part of the new York experience - but be pre pared to que for tickets in time square sometimes there is quite a wait unless you pay full price and book before you leave.

We had a fantastic time, but didn't see half of what's on your list and we were exhausted - what ever you decide have a great time

12. Re: First NYC Trip - Draft Itinerary - Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:18