We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Lounge at JFK

England, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Lounge at JFK

I will be at JFK in November and would like to use an airport lounge if they have one. I have looked everywhere and cannot find one that is not linked to being a first class passenger with an airline. Are there any independent lounges that you can just pay for?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,378 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

This is not as common in the US as it us in the UK. Most lounges are airline run. You can buy a priority Pass that gives you world wide access to some lounges, but you have to check lounge locations carefully as many they offer are not where you will want them.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

What airline are you flying on? If you're flying on American I believe you can buy a day pass for $50.

Check the websites of the airline or airlines you're using that day. You might have to join their frequent flyer program if you're not already a member, but that doesn't cost anything.

England, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

I am flying Virgin. I know they have a lounge but think it might only be available for first class passengers as i cannot find any way of booking it.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

Post on FlyerTalk under Virgin and see if anyone knows of nearby airline lounges that you can pay to use.

5. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 September 2012, 00:01
Ireland
Level Contributor
926 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

What terminal do Virgin fly from. In terminal 4, there is a lounge you can pay into, called Oasis. Can't remember exactly what the cost was, maybe about $50? Downside is that it is before security, so you still have tp allow time for that, so can't completely relax.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

Actually, I don't think the money is worth it unless you have heavy duty work to do on line and need a quiet place. I get a free pass to a lounge every year and after the first visit have never used it.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

There is an airline lounge next to the virgin lounge that you can pay to use. It is well worth iit. Can exactly remember the cost $40 roughly I think..

The is a nice menu there too. We will definately use it again. In term of virgin it is worth asking to pay we few premium economy recently and managed to do this

9. Re: Airport Lounge at JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:16