We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

Any suggestions for something close by? Looking for a diner...or a restaurant with reasonably priced breakast food. Don't want to pay $20 for an omelette.

Thanks!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

Penelope

www.menupages.com/restaurants/penelope/

For a $15 omelet and very good pastry, Les Halles

www.menupages.com/restaurants/les-halles/

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

Ahhh. Thanks, Whiz! Knew I could count on you.

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,088 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

If you'd rather go further downscale (but classic), the Lyric Diner at 22nd and 3rd takes your omelette cost down to $7.25.

NY NY
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

I passed by the Lyric last week, and it looks like it's closed. They might be renovating, but it looks like they're gone.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,996 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

If you want to go to Les Halles, you can have toasted baguette bread with homemade preserves, French press coffee and you will pay under 10$. I always had breakfast there when I used to stay in that part of town since I love French press coffee! There are some less pricey items on the menu so there is something for everyone.

scranton...
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

Thanks, everyone!!

new york
Level Contributor
910 posts
1,097 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

Les Halles is a good idea. Also there is a Giant (so plenty of tables) Starbucks at 29th and Park Ave. South that has some food and the usual beverages. If you go to 3rd Ave and 26th, Sunflower Diner is your classic coffee shop with everything - omelets, pancakes, oatmeal, etc.

8. Re: Breakfast Near 29th and Park Ave. South

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2013, 10:15