We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AMNH Question

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
AMNH Question

Hi, can anyone tell me if any of the AMNH special exhibitions require advance booking?Hayden Planetarium is the one we particularly have our eye on.If we book the General Admission Plus One ticket online are we assigned a specific showtime?We are coming at the start of November.

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AMNH Question

When you buy tickets to a special exhibit at the museum, they assign you a time. I don't know if they do so if you buy online.

By the way, general admission to the AMNH is pay-what-you-wish if you buy your tickets at the museum on the day of, but a fixed price if you buy them in advance online. (Special exhibits are a fixed price either way.)

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AMNH Question

Thanks Crans, we were aware of the PWYW element to the museum but have no problem in paying the suggested amount.Our only concern was the issue of timing as we formulate our itinerary to make the most of our five days in NYC.Still trying to figure out if buying the Citypass would make sense for us.Again not so much financially but in a skip the line sense.Maybe lines aren't at their busiest early November?

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AMNH Question

"When you buy tickets to a special exhibit at the museum, they assign you a time. I don't know if they do so if you buy online."

Crans, its not likely that if we buy tickets at the museum that the assigned time for the special exhibit would be hours later is it?Or am I worrying too much about this?

Would Gen Ad Plus One tickets bought at the museum be perfectly fine?

4. Re: AMNH Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 10:16