We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special occasion in New York

Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
special occasion in New York

I will be surprising my wife with a 5 day trip to New York City this December for our 25th anniversary. I could use some tips on things we "must do" during the trip. Restaurants, clubs, entertainment, sites etc. would be appreciated. Budget isn't really an issue.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
142 Reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,121 Reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,018 Reviews
from US$83.99*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,130 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York, NY
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: special occasion in New York

One person's "must" is another person's bore. What type of activities do you like (art, music, history, clubbing, beer, nature, wandering, pop culture, etc.)? NYC is so huge that even residents haven't seen everything.

Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: special occasion in New York

we like a diiner cuise either Bateaux or Spirit-breakfast at Park Lane overlooking the park--get window table--TOTR--lunch at Grand Central Terminal in balcony-- Dolce

Katz's deli any higher end restaurant, War Horse--have fun dont overplan--we did Spirit for our 40th --got widow table,flowers,champagne--it was terrific

Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: special occasion in New York

Interested in Broadway and/or off Broadway shows, entertainment, sports, some shopping, wandering, etc. Looking for restaurant recommendations. Especially for Italian, Thai, steak houseand always open to something new/unique/different. We will be there for New Years Eve, so we're also looking for something exiting to do for New Years. My wife loves to dance.

Level Contributor
2,035 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: special occasion in New York

If you want to go somewhere special for dinner, pick ANY restaurant on the small quaint and very local Cornelia Street in the Village. Pó is my favorite, but you can't go wrong with any of the restaurants on this street. Again - small, quaint, very local. Go for a stroll in the village afterwards.

5. Re: special occasion in New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2013, 10:15