We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumbo

Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dumbo

Hi we came to NY 4 years ago and the very kind Brooklyn Mel gave us a guided tour around the city. That is still my lasting memory along with stopping for hot chocolate at Jacques Torres in Dumbo. Is the shop still there and the hot chocolate still as good, as my husband and I along with friends are returning soon and we would love to take them. I guess DUMBO is now far more developed any suggestions of places to visit would be great. Also which street do I need to walk down to get the great view of Brooklyn Bridge (side view???close up) over to Manhattan? Thanks everyone for any help in advance Ruth

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumbo

Hey - DUMBO is still there and is better than ever. In the last four years, Jane's Carousel has opened right on the water. There is also now a DUMBO smorgasbord. Brooklyn Bridge Park is now open and provides spectacular views. And of course, Jacques Torres is still there. As the cold weather comes , I can hardly wait for their delicious wicked hot chocolate.

MEL

Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumbo

Thanks Mel so pleased to hear about the carousel it looked so sad when you showed us in the building close to Jacques torres. Hope you are well and we will be going for hot chocolate in October plus thier wicked cookies. If you can remember our little tour would be most grateful for a brief run down to take our freiends we saw so much. Do you still have the welsh slate coaster?

Fondest regards Ruth

3. Re: Dumbo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:16