We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Proposal Location?

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
December Proposal Location?

Hi All,

I know there are loads of posts about proposals but am really looking for some advice on places i could propose to my girlfriend in December.

I have arranged a surprise trip in mid Dec, and am looking for a private location. She loves xmas and would appreciate something really romantic. I was thinking somewhere with a great view or somewhere intimate in Central Park...I think an outside location is best. Obviously it would be great if it snowed...but that is up to mother nature!

She has always wanted to go to to NYC so we will be spending 7 days there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...for this stressed out proposer! :-)

Thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Proposal Location?

An outdoor location in Dec. has obvious downsides if the weather doesn't cooperate. But one idea is a bench overlooking the Wollman rink watching the skaters. Another is at the Ladies Pavillion which is used for a lot of park weddings. Here's a list of some of the more famous romantic spots

centralpark.org/index.php/…

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Proposal Location?

Hi nywhiz

Thanks for the info...really helpful. Would the benches overlooking the rink be reasonably quiet/private?

Thanks

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Proposal Location?

I proposed to my wife in Prospect Park under the New Years Eve fireworks. There are plenty of secluded and beautiful places in Central or Prospect Park where you can propose. Strawberry Fields and the Bethesda Fountain in Central Park come to mind.

Another nice place outdoors may be the front of the Staten island Ferry as Manhattan come into view. Or maybe the Brooklyn Bridge. Both would be beautiful at sunset.

Indoors, you also have options. The traditional is in a fancy restaurant, but you can be creative as well. Maybe at the Temple of Dendur in the Met. metmuseum.org/Collections/…100004628. In the greenhouse at the Botanic Gardens in Brooklyn. At the Cloisers in northern Manhattan. Lots of choices. Of course, the biggest choice is not the place to propose, but the person you are proposing to. Mazel Tov.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Proposal Location?

Thanks BrooklynMel...some great ideas!

I guess deciding to ask her means I have already made the biggest choice!! :-) Let's just hope she likes the ring!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,384 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December Proposal Location?

"Would the benches overlooking the rink be reasonably quiet/private?"

There's no way to predict this. ;)

6. Re: December Proposal Location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2013, 10:15