We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hilton hotel

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hilton hotel

We are visiting NY for a 4 night stay in may and have some Hhonorpoints to spend. We are mid 30's and want to be in a central location. My favourites so far is Waldorf Astoria followed by NY Hilton and Conrad. How far away is Conrad?

All hotels are equal in point/night.

Thanks!

Pelle

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hilton hotel

The waldorf is by all accounts not what it was.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,897 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hilton hotel

What is your status with Hilton (higher than Blue?).

Read this very complicated thread from another forum...most of the info you need is in the first half dozen posts. Really maximizes your points if you can take advantage of it. I had to read it a couple of times before it all sank in, but I'm slow :(

flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hhonors/1225861-m…

I haven't stayed at any of your choices, but the NY Hilton is just a big convention hotel, while it's true the Waldorf has some iffy reviews, some say it's really not bad and the public areas have been spruced up, and the Conrad is way down in the financial district.

The Hilton Times Square gets the best buzz, but it's close to the madness of Times Square, but well located for transportation options and the theater.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,350 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hilton hotel

I really enjoy the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. I know its a step down from the higher level Hilton Properties, but the rooms are nice and large and the staff is lovely.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,892 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hilton hotel

I've stayed in the Hilton Times Square and the Hilton Garden Inn.

The view from the HTS is spectacular and they offer breakfast room service, but I prefer the HGI. The location is a little less hectic and although they don't have breakfast room service, there is a restaurant on the first floor which can reached through the hotel lobby. It is also a little more convenient to most theaters.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hilton hotel

I have gold status and have always been upgraded to exec floor when available.

I will have a look at the discussion mentioned above later.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Ahh can't decide! Room size favours Conrad (430 sq) but perhaps Battery Park is too remote? Which hotel gives moste value for the points?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,888 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hilton hotel

In May, the area around the Conrad is delightful (near the water, lots of green space parks on the river with nice breezes) but you asked for central and this is at the southern end of the island in the financial district. That said, the subway takes you wherever you need to go. You can see distances by looking at any mapping site like

Maps.google.com

For questions on best value for points, the flyer talk forum is probably a better place to look. If you want central, the Hilton Times Square and the Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea or Times Square are good. The Waldorf rooms are dinghy and threadbare. The NY Hilton is a great location but really a BIG convention hotel.

You'll find a lot of these on

Oyster.com

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Maybe we go for the Conrad then. Concenient for visiting a friend living in Battery Park. I like the design at Conrad. It is difficult knowing what you want before having visited the city.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Central is perhaps not that essential. Conrad seem to have spacious rooms and I don't mind some distance. Less touristy is usually good..

Stockholm
Level Contributor
732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hilton hotel

Maybe we go for the Conrad then. Convenient for visiting a friend living in Battery Park. I like the design at Conrad. It is difficult knowing what you want before having visited the city.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 21:30