We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to get from JFK

Tipton, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
How long to get from JFK

Hi

I'm coming to New York on Thursday 7th March 2013 on a BA flight which is due to land at JFK at 11.10am, does anyone have any idea on what time I'm likely to get into manhattan, I'm staying on W 35th Street between 5th & 6th Avenue

Many thanks

Claire x

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
665 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to get from JFK

Assuming - possibly incorrectly- that you are on a UK passport I would allow at least an hour to get through immigration. Its hard to predict because i dont know how many flights may be arriving close together.

Then I would throw in another hour to get into Manhattan. For where you're staying you may like to get the Airtrain to the Janaica Station followed by the LIRR train to Penn Station.

Adjust time if you need frequent food and restroom stops, or are prone to entering airport stores and waking up half an hour later not having bought anything. Etc.

Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to get from JFK

you should be there somewhere between 1 and 2 PM, I think

Edited: 26 September 2012, 15:32
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to get from JFK

Yeah.. 1 hour for immigration, 1 hour to get to hotel minimum.

I normally get public transport, and with waiting, and dragging my suitcase around, it takes about 2 hours, I've had it more, I've had it less. It really depends.

If you're the last person off the plane, that 1 hour immigration wait could be 2 hours, so make sure you get a decent seat near the front to get through the crowds...

M

4. Re: How long to get from JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 14:19