We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cornucopia Majesty New Years

St. Albert, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cornucopia Majesty New Years

Just wondering if anyone has done this cruise for New Years? Looks like a decent evening. Thanks!

newyearscruise.com/events-nyc-2013-new-years…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,608 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

What time were you told you could board? This sounds really awful - Was there supposed to be dinner/drinks for a number of hours?

Just horrible - so sorry to all who got screw*ed by this bunch too.

They have a facebook page with some complaints already added though I'm not sure that is very satisfying after such a debacle:

https://www.facebook.com/oncruises

Edited: 01 January 2013, 15:28
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

http://www.facebook.com/oncruises

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,930 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

Holy MOSES. How much did you pay? Did you pay by credit card? If yes, you should dispute the charge.

Places to report internet fraud

www.consumerfraudreporting.org/reporting.php

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

We paid just over $400 for a VIP Platinum couples package. But there were other costs like additional luggage to transport our outfits ($120) bar bills in lucky strikes ($60) taxis to try and get to somewhere for 12am so we weren't just stuck in a car park hoping a boat was coming. I found it hard to find reviews about this boat etc. before coming over, but f we get no refund I will make sure others find it VERY easy, this year to find ALL the negatives they will need not to book with this company!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,930 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

Please see my post here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5930384…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,608 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

This is the kind of thing I wish something like NY1 would pick up on and do an expose on the various New Year's Eve scams - not that everyone would see it but it sure wouldn't be good for these scammers to have a media spotlight on them.

They probably wouldn't do it because it might make it appear that all such offerings are scams and turn people off to coming for New Year's - although that is highly unlikely to ever happen.

But exposure would be ideal. If only. Hmmm....

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

Its not about being negative about NYC, as we've been here for 5 days and everything has been very good and what we have left to do, I'm sure will also be very good. It's more to make sure it doesn't happen to others in the future.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,608 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

I didn't think you were being negative about the city - I think for what happened, you seem to be disappointed and determined to alert others to these people down the line but I didn't get at all that you were feeling badly about NYC.

I do hope the rest of your trip is a good one - and, happy new year!

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

We also travelled from England for this scam of a night. We are both so dissapointed about the delays, false promises (timings,free drinks in Lucky Strike) and poor quality of what we paid for. We paid for 2 tickets to the admirals cabin and from what we could tell there was no difference to another paid tickets, you were just in a slightly smaller room. The food quality was awful and the bar was certainly not premium - they ran out of Sprite very early on into the night. The staff were clueless and had no idea what was going on. By the time we actually all got into the boat it was 11.30 and time to get ready for new year. We only just could see the statue of liberty in the distance and fireworks because of leaving so late.

To make the night even worse for us was that my boyfriend had planned to propose to me at midnight. He still did and it was lovely but not exactly the night or circumstances he had hoped for it to take place in.

We have set up a Twitter hash tag which we could all use to update one another on how we get on with the company getting a refund #CMNYE

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,930 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cornucopia Majesty New Years

Would you all please add reviews here in addition to whatever else you do.

yelp.com/biz/cornucopia-cruise-line-perth-am…

merchantcircle.com/business/…feedback-reviews