We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shows - Thanksgiving

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Shows - Thanksgiving

Hi!

I was wondering, has anyone got any experience of buying TKTS booth tickets for shows on Thanksgiving Day?

We want to see Elf or the Rockettes show but wasn't sure whether or not to risk it?

We're already booked to see Once and were going to decide on the other show when we get there!

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
3,913 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shows - Thanksgiving

In my experience, chances of getting a last-minute, discount ticket to anything is higher on a family-holiday DAY. That's why the show-biz expression " ... a turkey" means a bad show or an unpopular show.

That said, if seeing one particular show is vital to enjoying your visit, you shouldn't take a chance. Anytime you go to TKTS, you should have a numbered list with you of at least five shows, crossing them off as they disappear from the LED sign flashing what's available.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,925 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shows - Thanksgiving

There are 3 performances of the Xmas Spectacular on T'giving day and the theater is huge. So if you don't mind where you sit and can be flexible about which show you see and you're not a big party that needs to sit together, you can certainly take the chance for that. I can't say about Elf. I would have suggested you print off the discount from the left column of broadwaybox.com and take it to the box office, but I notice the current discount expires on Nov. 15. I guess whether they extend it will depend on how well tickets sell.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
637 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shows - Thanksgiving

For Elf, if you use the link below and enter the code ELSOS911, you can get Orchestra seats for $79 on Thanksgiving Day. With fees, it comes to $177 for a pair of tickets.

www.broadwayoffers.com

4. Re: Shows - Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 10:18