We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

St-lambert
Level Contributor
942 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

Hello

Soon I'll be visiting N.Y for seven days. I am planning to visit the area of EV and LES for a day and come back at night for nightlife

I plan to do a walking tour. I am looking wich streets to walk ,and breakfast places, any museum,open market, to get lunches.

At night to go have dinner and go see live musics.

I am traveling solo, so for diner somewhere you could eat at the bar.

I like any cuisines.

Merci

New York Tour1
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Real New York Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
9\/11 Ground Zero Tour
Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Foods of New York Tours
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,030 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

The logical choices for a museum would be the Tenement Museum, and you can't miss lunch at Katz. We also made stops at Russ & Daughters (don't ask me why, just to look at all the different countries smoked salmon comes from:) We also stopped at Economy Candy, Laboratorio de Gelato, and we missed the pickle place. It was a great day.

The Old Merchant's House is nearby (a little north), and I often thought that would be a fun combo with visiting the Tenement Museum - the haves and have-nots in one day.

Manhattan
Level Contributor
9,097 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

My wander in the area (2 posts) on the day of the Triangle Shirtwaist anniversary in 2011

…typepad.com/explorenyc/2011/03/march-25-201…

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

I assume you're asking for info on self guided walking tours?

Walkingoffthebigapple.com

I one good place to check.

Here's some info on the east village, probably the best area for eating in the city right now.

nymag.com/realestate/…lowereastside.htm

LES

nymag.com/realestate/…lowereastside.htm

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
16,964 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

Interesting reading with those real estate guides. It shows the number of trees in the neighbourhood :-) but then it also shows the number of murders per year :-( Is this a statistic that sways locals when deciding where to live?

5. Re: A Day visiting EastVillage/Lower Est side advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 08:18