We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Experience

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Great Experience

We are just back from New York. Travelled from Belfast into Newark and stayed 5 nights in the Novotel(52nd Avenue)-Hotel was very central and comfortable.Did not eat in hotel as it was too expensive.Only problem in hotel was that my son had let money in the room by mistake and it was stolen.We booked a New york Greeter which was excellent.Cant recommend this free service enough! Brad took us to Brooklyn and was very informative.Did all the sights-eat one night in Bubble Gump in Time Square.-Would not recommend it-food poor/ service bad-and no organisation for telling you that your table was ready. Central Park was fab-lots of activity on Easter Sunday. We eat breakfast most morning in a deli called Broadway Deli on 54th street and 6th Avenue.We really wished we had time to go to Woodbury Common for shopping but unfortunatly our time ran out.Taxi from Newark to hotel was 70 Dollars includ toll and tip and going back 80 Dollars.Burlington Coat factory was a good shop for bargins-my son who is 17 got alot of skate clothes.We were sorry we had not booked for the Theatre before going as we could not get the tickets we wanted.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Experience

I'm so sorry you had money stolen! Yikes! Are you going to file a complaint? Glad you still had enough good things happen to consider this a "great experience" overall.

Where else did you eat? Did you go to ESB or TOTR? Did you use the subway? More details, please! Thanks again.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Experience

Yes we did report it and the security manager advised he would have to report it to their insurance company and follow up with us by writing to our home address.We did most of the sights TOTR, Empire State,Battery Park,Ground Zero,American History Museum etc. Anyone going to NewYork who has not ben before should try to get an Apple Greeter-it is a wonderful service and Brad did an excellent job!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Experience

Except for the money incident I am glad that your trip was good. That su..ks.

I hope that they can reimburse you.

Yes, the BAG service is the best deal in NYC, isn't it??