We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

Hi!

Please help. I'm trying to assist a 25 year old guy to plan a good weekend trip for his 22 year old friend who is a first year law student and in celebration of his birthday. I am a 35 year old woman coming up with pretty lame ideas, or so I think. Any creative folks out there?

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

Why are these gentlemen not planning their own trip? Why are they coming here? Why are you involved and why do you expect a zillion strangers will help you when you have given no useful info.

New York NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
11,144 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

Welcome to the New York forum. Do you feel the love? : )

It sure would be helpful to have some additional background info.

Are they primarily interested in seeing the sights or are they looking for more of a party / nightlife atmosphere? Are they looking for a more sports oriented theme to the trip?

Planning a trip can mean anything from restaurant suggestions to what the options are for visiting the Statue of Liberty. Happy to help but need a little more info.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

One thing that I would recommend is to take a look at Brooklyn. On a whole, the Borough of Brooklyn skews much younger than Manhatttan and there are entire neighborhoods that seem populated with twenty somethings. Places like Bushwick and Williamsburg come to mind. If they are into pub crawls Williamsburg and Park Slopes Fifth Ave come to mind.

Of course there are the usual tourist attractions that should appeal to everyone. Places like the Brooklyn Bridge, Top of the Rock, Central Park, the Met and the like. They can check out the Knicks or the Nets if they are into basketball. If they are into music, check out the shows in Williamsburg. www.ohmyrockness.com and www.villagevoice.com are great places to look for concert listings.

There are restaurants. There are broadway shows. There are pubs to crawl in. There are neighborhoods to explore. There are bikes to rent. Of course, we do have to know what these fellows like to do.

Mel

Brooklyn Law Grad

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
76 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

Hi There,

I am sorry for leaving out relevant information! It wasn't intentional. Thanks MoreFFmiles for being willing to help and thanks so much Mel for the brilliant ideas. What I had in mind was a Knicks game, some sight seeing and the rest entertainment and good eats. I really like your ideas Mel! Thanks so much!!

Edited: 03 October 2012, 05:54
5. Re: Need help planning trip to NYC for 25 and 22 year old guy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 05:18