We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Two Bedroom Suites

Thomas, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NYC Two Bedroom Suites

I was needing a suggestion of hotels with two bedroom suites in New York City. We will be taking my grandma and I just don't feel comfortable with her staying alone. I would like it to be in a good part of town and not too pricey but I know we can't be too picky because most hotels don't offer two bedrooms. Any help would be great; thanks in advance!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

The Beacon hotel on the upper west side would be a great option with Grandma but you have to phone or email for rates for a 2 bedroom suite.

beaconhotel.com

It's a residential area that's less chaotic than staying in midtown but still plenty of shops, restaurants, near Central Park etc. It was renovated about 2 yrs ago so while the building is old, the furnishing look fresh. You'd also have a second bathroom there.

The Best Western Hospitality is another nice option in midtown east. Their 2 bedrooms only have 1 bathroom though but they do include a full breakfast with the room rate and it's a small building.

Radiocityapartments.com

is another with 2 bedroom 1 bathroom suites. It's a decent budget option so not very posh but centrally located.

There's a London based co.

www.apartments2book.com

that has contracts with all these suite hotels and sometimes can offer better pricing than what you can get on your own. Might be worth comparing prices.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

What's your max budget?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

PS the Eastgate Tower is probably the most popular option with large 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suites. In the past it's been the best price but recently prices have been higher and since the decor is pretty dated, I don't think it tends to be the best value any more but it worth considering if you can get a good price. It's part of the

affinia.com

group which has a number of suite hotels. Their Affinia Manhattan also has 2 bedroom suites but the area is very congested and not what I'd suggest for Grandma. Their Affinia Gardens might work though if it's not too expensive.

Thomas, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

Thank you so much! I will look into all of these!

Thomas, Oklahoma
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

Max budget is about $450 per night

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

I am also looking for a 2 bedroom unit in Manhattan for Oct 10-13, 2013. I am having a difficult time finding something in my budget (under $450 USD per night). There appar to be a large number of daily condo renatls on trip advisor but I've heard so many stories that make me worry some aren't legit. the appartments2book site that you mentioned...have you or someone you know used it? If it was definately legit I'd use it in a heart beat! Thanks so much.

Boston
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

Just a thought. The Best Western Hospitality House has a 1 bedroom suite with a KING bed for 413.00 $ (AAA or AARP rate ) It has a full kitchen, large living room with dining table. FREE breakfast downstairs that is a real money saver for 3 adults on a budget. What if your wife and grandmother shared the king bed in the bedroom and you slept on the pull out sofa in the separate living room?? Ask for an egg crate mattress to put on top and it was quite comfortable ( I did it in December) . Completely safe area basically around the corner from the Waldorf Astoria. Check out the web site to see if you like it.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,377 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

NYWhiz frequently recommends the Apartments2Book site, and she is the resident hotel "expert". I would trust her recommendation.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

Apts2 book is based in London and they have contracts with many of the legal apt hotels. They can often get better pricing than you'd get on your own. Oct. is a pricey time and finding a 2 bedroom suite for under $450 won't be easy. Are you sure you can't manage with a 1 bedroom suite using a sofabed in the living room? How many are you and how mamy beds do you need? Best Western Hosp. also has some 2 bedroom suites but likely more $$$. Radiocityapartments.com

has 2 bedroom suites as does the Salisbury.

Manchester. U.K.
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NYC Two Bedroom Suites

I booked a two bed suite at the Alex on E45th St. Could be what you are looking for.