We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

Hello all,

Any ideas for budget accom in or near Greenwich Village - 2 females (21 & 24) wanting private room with ensuite. Arriving 3rd Dec and checking out 6th Dec.

Have just looked at the Chelsea Hostel, which looked OK, but website is showing the 3rd is unavailable.

In terms of budget, looking up to $250 a night if possible, but might be able to stretch that a bit.

Thanks.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,880 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93382-R…

Booking.com has this hotel for $275 per night for your dates.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

Thanks HopSkipJump - I'm looking at the TA reviews now. I know it's in a great location and the price is definitely OK. I have heard that some rooms don't have a private bathroom/ensuite - do you know if that's correct?

Also, do you know the website that has photos of various hotel rooms, etc. I have used it before but now can't remember what it is.

Thanks again.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

I think the website you're looking for is 'oyster' :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

Yes, that's it, thanks so much. My mind was a total blank.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,831 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

There are very few hotels in the village. That's your very best bet and the rooms have their own bathroom and the rate comes with breakfast. Grab it! That's a really expensive weekend. The only other option is the Best Western Hanbee Bowery which borders Chinatown and the lower east side.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

Tell me about it nywhiz - just means I'm another year away from retirement :(

I'm paying for my 2 daughters to go to NY for their xmas and birthday presents (they both away from our home in Australia and working at Disneyworld Florida so I won't see them for xmas).

Thanks for your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,831 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

That's quite a present. ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

Have just booked Washington Square as the location looks excellent, and the special rate seemed 'reasonable'. Thanks for your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,831 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

The girls should enjoy themselves. It is a great location if not the fanciest hotel in NYC. ;) The restaurant in the hotel, North Square is pretty good and has a very nice Sunday jazz brunch. They're also near a load of other good restaurants and right across from NYU (the university) so loads of good shopping and eating for students.

10. Re: Budget accom near Greenwich Village December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 20:18