We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK Parking

johnston.RI
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
JFK Parking

Traveling from Providence,RI to JFK on April 15-23. Where is best long term parking with an airport shuttle. Also, my flight leaves at 11:50 am and I want to be at the airport by 9:00. When do I need to leave Providence?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,972 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JFK Parking

I would leave Providence the night before and stay at an airport hotel. No way would I want to make a drive that long during morning rush hour and have to worry about making a flight.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JFK Parking

I presume you have already ruled out flying out or RI or Boston. When we park at JFK we use Avistar which is now called The Parking Spot. They still have their webpage of www.avistarparking.com. Reservations on their website are free.

There are a number of hotels which offer a one night stay with 7 nights of included parking. If you come in the night before you may want to consider this option.

Avistar has regular shuttles to the terminals and you call them for pickup.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,976 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JFK Parking

I agree with BB--spend the night here. BUT if you insist on driving down the same day--Providence is about 180 miles from the airport. I would leave 4.5 to 5 hours. If you are flying International you need to be at the airport 3 hours before flight ( not 2 hours and 40 minutes) That means I would leave at 3:40AM!!!

johnston.RI
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JFK Parking

Can you recommend a decent hotel with airport shuttle and overnight parking?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,972 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: JFK Parking

Why does it need an airport shuttle if you have your car? Unless you're just flying out and back in a day, I'd assume you'd want to park your car at the airport? Or am I missing something?

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JFK Parking

BB, see post #2 about parking at hotel.

yyknup, I Googled this and got this list - …usatoday.com/park-fly-hotels-near-jfk-airpo… Check the respective hotels' websites for deals.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,972 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: JFK Parking

I saw post 2. The OP didn't ask for a hotel with a park and fly, he/she asked about overnight parking. Because after reading post #2 the OP asked specifically about overnight parking, I'm assuming that he/she DOESN'T want a park and fly, which is why I'm confused about the shuttle requirement. If the OP meant park and fly, not overnight, then I'm assuming the OP will clarify that.

8. Re: JFK Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 December 2012, 03:05
New York City, New...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: JFK Parking

Had an unfortunate experience at TheParkingSpot JFK. This high volume operation advertises glitz and VIP service...BEWARE!...My car was returned with a grapefruit-size dent in the left front. Car was returned positioned against a fence (motor running - get out fast). concealing damage. Mangement seemed cooperative but ultimately insurance refused compensation. ADVICE - try a hotel or smaller establishment.

10. Re: JFK Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:18