We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uggs!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Uggs!

Hi Fellow Forumers, its a while since I posted but am back in my favourite city at the end of next week for my 5th visit.

This time, just the hubby and I. As a bribe to the daughter into her not coming ( good deal on my part methinks :) I've agreed to get her some black UGG short boots. Can you advise me what sort of price I would be looking to pay for them in NY at the moment ??

I know its not strictly a 'holiday 'topic but you've always been able to help before.

Many thanks

Shell :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uggs!

in the official stockists they range from $135 plus tax upwards depending on style. you can get a complete rundown of stockists, prices and designs by googling.

pam

Level Contributor
71 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uggs!

Last year I paid about $180 including tax . That was at bloomingdales . Still a bargain comparing uk prices

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uggs!

Thanks, I've got a deal where I can get the short ones in the UK for £123 incl free delivery, am thinking might be a good idea to save on lugging them back :)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,652 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uggs!

as a compromise, if you are going to be shopping anyway - check out tj maxx, dws, [both 6th avenue, between 19th/20th, east side of the avenue] and the burlington coat factory which is on the other side of 6th, a bit north between 22nd/23rd.

you could get really lucky and pick up a last-season bargain. if not, then you could get them when you get home. we saw uggs, timberland, minnetonka and many others, but the sizes were limited. picked up some great clothing though.

pam

Worthing, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Uggs!

Hi,

We went to the ugh shop in NYC and my sister who is a size 5 bought kids uggs!! Exactly the same as adult but cheaper !!

Not sure what size they go upto,but worth checking , think she paid $90 !

Happy shopping

Natasha

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Uggs!

Kids' Uggs go up to size 6Y, which is a woman's 8. I do the same thing because sometimes kids gets cute styles (like the ones with bows) that adults do not... :)

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uggs!

I would order Uggs online. Check out amazon.com.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uggs!

I don't know if this is any help but, I bought 3 pairs of Uggs this year from Florida. 2 were from a shoe store that sold Uggs Uk size 5, European 37.5. They were about £110 GBP when converted. The final Ugg boots I bought were from an Ugg outlet store and cost about £60-£70 GBP. The good thing is in the U.S they class a size 5 as a child's still. Unlike the UK who classes only up to a size 3 as a child's size.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uggs!

Thanks for all the responses. I think I'm gonna hang on and see if I can grab a bargain whilst in the US. The Daughter has small feet ( UK size 3) so fingers crossed :)

Shell

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
841 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uggs!

You should check out David Z (http://www.davidz.com/). They have a few places in the city and sell a good range of UGGs. I was able to buy the kids version of a harder boot which saved me quite a few bucks!