We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
145 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

We will in NYC May 2013 for 7 days and have noticed there is a Yankees game on Sunday 19th May.

We would love to experience American Baseball game while we are there

I have looked at the website but it seems that ticket sales do not start until later

Does anyone have an idea when tickets come on sale and are tickets readily available to purchase at any time once on sale or do they sell out quite quickly

Any other tips in regards to attending a game are appreciated

Looking at pevious posts it appears that public transport is easy to get out to the stadium

We have not yet booked accommodation yet, as after reading posts on TA as will we wait until after New Year to book when prices will hopefully go down a bit.

At this stage thinking we might stay at the Distrikt Hotel or maybe Cassablanca, not sure as there are so, so many to choose from it is quite overwhelming. looking at $300 to $350 per night - staying for 7 nights.

Wanting to stay where we have access to easy public transport. but that does not seem to be an issue as it looks like there are subways every few blocks or so.

We want to do the the tourist thing while in NY.. TOTR, ESB, SoL, WTC memorial, central park etc as well as have a look around and experience a few things that are not so much on the tourist track.. (still working that out but am sure i will be able get that info from all the fabulous post on TA)

Watched a show the other day and it was a burger place that was in Queens and building looked like a tram. would anyone know the name.. the BURGERS looked so GOOD... so looking forward to a american burger in NYC plus PIZZA....

Sorry in advance if i have put too many questions on one post...

Loving reading all the posts on TA.. verry additive

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
373 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

Yankees tickets probably won't be on sale until February or March 2013.

If they are not available on their website, try the ticket outlet, stubhub.

The Distrikt Hotel has small rooms but quite clean and very comfortable beds.

Their staff was very nice and helpful.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

Would recommend using StubHub as well for getting sports tickets

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

Stub-Hub is an on seller of tickets that people don't want or need so you may pay more than the face value of the tickets (season pass holders selling the less popular games) ,

The official Yankees website is easy to use for international visitors and to collect your tickets from the will call window at the stadium,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

You can sign up on the Official NY Yankees website to get the "Yankees Insider Newletter",(FREE!) and then, you will be emailed information and reminders as to when tickets go on sale next season.

newyork.yankees.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp…

Edited: 21 October 2012, 21:47
UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

I used Stubhub to buy tickets for my first Yankees game in August this year. Very easy to use, bought tickets at less than face value, which were then emailed to me to print at home.

I would thoroughly recommend using the site.

New York City
Level Contributor
5,086 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

Many times tickets on Stub Hub can be had for LESS than the box office price.

There is a glut of tickets and the sellers are forced to sell them for less espeically if its a less desireable game

On your date of May 19th they are playing the Toronto Blue Jays. Toronto is not a desireable team to see, but it is a Sunday afternoon which is desireable. So its not clear what the prices will be.

7. Re: Baseball Tickets/ Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 10:16