We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel destination

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travel destination

Hi

I'm student from NY and my dad will come and visit me next month. He is going to stay here for a month.

He said he want to travel around US and I have no idea where should we go.

He want to visit some famous landmarks but the things is he afraid of cold weather.

So, Please can someone suggest me where should we go. We can take a plane also :) thanks !

Central Park
Parks, Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The National 9\/11 Memorial & Museum
Historic Sites, Monuments & Statues, Speciality Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Art Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Manhattan Skyline
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel destination

If you are willing to fly (you can even drive if you want but that takes time and of course a car) there are a lot of places that have very moderate weather: Florida, Louisiana (New Orleans), Texas, Nevada (Las Vegas), New Mexico (Taos is very nice, an "art colony"), Arizona, Southern California, Hawaii. Endless possibilities. You must know a little bit about the US, so pick the cities you are interested in and go into their forums. Get some guidebooks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel destination

Washington DC and surrounding area. All the museums in the District, then to Virginia for Mount Vernon, Washington's home, Monticello, Jefferson's home (but will be cold as in the VA mountains), Yorktown, Williamsburg

New Orleans, the French Quarter and visit plantations

Texas--San Antonio and the Alamo

Arizona--the Grand Canyon

California--Los Angeles, Yosemite, San Francisco

The Northwest, Crater Lake, Portland, Seattle, Olympic National Park.

There are so many places. These are just what came to my mind. And I missing out Florida so if you include Disney as a landmark you should go there. ; )

The weather in November can be iffy anywhere.

Pam

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,617 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel destination

Make sure the first thing your father purchases, if he doesn't already have them, is a good coat, a muffler (scarf), gloves and a warm hat. Some heat retaining underwear would help. UNIQLO has them and they are inexpensive.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel destination

When you say he is "afraid of cold weather," do you mean that he doesn't want to risk having to deal with snow & ice, or is anything below 70 degrees (F) a problem? Either way, you should be able to find plenty of interesting places to explore, but your answer will have a big effect on the list of possibilities.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: travel destination

thanks all for the reply :)

6. Re: travel destination

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2013, 09:15