We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel with a view?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Nice hotel with a view?

Looking at staying at Hotel Beacon for a stay in December. Just wondering if this hotel has a city view at all? If not is there a comparable hotel with similar amenities (ie kitchenette) and price that you would recommend that is better in terms of view.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

Hey Brad M:-) Well, you will have views of either the Hudson River.. up/down Broadway.. Central Park.. depending on how high up you are and where your room is allocated! The higher up.. the better;-) Happy planning.. and EnjOY!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

Do you pay more for a higher floor? Or do you just request and hope for the best?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

It depends on the Hotel but I don't think so. I would request a higher floor also drowns out a lot of traffic noise the higher up. I have heard good things about the Beacon we were first timers in NY in July and the upper west is lovely. We stayed on the upper east side in a 3 bedroom apartment with the most amazing views of the city we didnt want to leave our apartment. We were on the 30th floor.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

I always state that I am a light sleeper (which I am) and request a room higher up that is quiet. Have never been let down...touch wood.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,995 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

Some hotels like the Affinia Dumont (which is also a suite hotel with kitchens (not kitchenettes) has views of the Empire state building from the upper floors but I read they've started to charge extra for those. The Beacon is more recently renovated than the Dumont and I prefer the upper west side location of the Beacon, but the Aff. Dumont is also a very good hotel (in Murray Hill). The Alex Hotel is another suite hotel where upper floors have nice views. Why not write to the Beacon about a view and see what they say. What size suite would you be booking?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

Would just be booking a one bedroom king suite. I think out of all of those I still prefer the Beacon, so it might be worth giving them a call. Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,909 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

Always stay on a high floor when we stayed at the Marriott Marquis we were on the 43rd floor love it.

8. Re: Nice hotel with a view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:17