We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother and daughter in NYC

cape cod
Level Contributor
183 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mother and daughter in NYC

This coming weekend, if Frankenstorm allows us, my daughter and I are going to be in NYC for her belated 21st birthday weekend. We've been there a number of times and have a list of things to do.

However since she can now have a glass of wine... I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for nightlife scene we might both enjoy.

We both love people watching. We both love live music and dancing (different kinds of music to be sure but she loves my stuff too). I use to love going to Blues bars in the Village.

We don't want to stay out till all hours and I don't want to go to a bar for only 20 somethings but there must be something that has a good fun crowd or that is unique in some good way (music, view, funky).

Thanks for any help!

Susan

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother and daughter in NYC

Some of the Blues (live Music) Bars on Bleeker St (around Thompson St.) are still there, and it is still a good little strip for bar hopping. There is Bitter End , Le Possion Rouge, Red Lion, Wiked Willys etc...

Also here is a list of night life calanders-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i22937-NYC_nigh…

Have Fun!

2. Re: Mother and daughter in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2013, 09:16