We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two hotels,one choice...

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Two hotels,one choice...

Hi all,

I am visiting NYC in March and have finally managed to whittle down to two hotels , Eventi and Distrikt.

Has anyone stayed at either or both and has any thoughts to help me make my decision?

Hope all those in NY are fine and safe.

Thanks in advance.

New York, New York
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
5,105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two hotels,one choice...

Eventi is close to Penn Station & Distrikt is close to Port Authority, so how you plan on getting into Manhattan (From the airport) may make a difference, unless it is by yellow cab or car service then the ride to both will be the same price. Eventi is newer- I personally would try that (it is a Kimpton hotel and their service is usually pretty good), but I often reccomend Distrikt and the reviews show that they do pretty well in the service area too.

They both are good choices.

NYC is resiliant and resourceful so things should be up and running quickly.

Also here is an easy must see list (with a night life calendar) that may help you with your itenrary-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23092-Must_dos…

and a list of some favorite pre set meals in NYC-

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23075-Best_NYC…

All the best...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,902 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two hotels,one choice...

They,re both great hotels but both in relatively unattractive (but not unsafe) locations. The Distrikt has more of a selection of nearby dining but they're both near the subway so getting around is no problem. I think the Eventi is a bit nicer hotel but the Distrikt is a bit better location. Have you looked at photos on

Oyster.com

London
Level Contributor
71 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two hotels,one choice...

Thank you both. Tough choice!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two hotels,one choice...

It was the day after Hurricane Sandy. I live in a neighborhood that was dark so I headed north to higher ground in search of power. The Eventi was the first hotel I came across. I was hoping to both check on availability and also plug in. I was stopped at the door and asked for my room key. When I said I didn't have one, I was turned away. I was appalled. First on a regular day of the week, I doubt I would be denied entrance into the hotel. Secondly, my family owns hotels in Florida where we have helped communities and travelers survive many a hurricane - and certainly not by turning them away.

5. Re: Two hotels,one choice...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:19