I thought it might be helpful to start a thread with some locals' opinions on whether those with plans to visit in the next 2 weeks should continue with plans or change them.
I personally think anyone who can cancel or postpone a trip scheduled between now and Thanksgiving (a mere 3 week window) should do that. Certainly anyone with plans to stay in Queens, or anywhere south of 40th st in Manhattan should not come for the next week at least. This is my own opinion and I fully expect that others may not agree. But with the subway flooded and power outages in most of Manhattan from 40 st south, it might not be a very easy trip.
The only people I think might not be affected are those who are coming strictly for theater and staying in that area on the west side. Performances will begin tomorrow and I think tickets will be available.
Sending best wishes for a speedy return of services to all those without power etc. Try to make lemonade out of this lemon.