We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staten island ferry

Belgium
Level Contributor
316 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Staten island ferry

Is the Staten Island Ferry already in operation?

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,757 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staten island ferry

I do not know, you are on the internet. Google--go to nyc.gov--

The people who post usually have answers from experience. We have no experience in this. We are getting answers for our personal lives, by listening to the radio (880AM or 1010 Am) turning on the TV, channel 1 if you have Time Warner Cable ,is best and by googling.

2. Re: Staten island ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 14:58
LR
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staten island ferry

No it's not, but given the marathon will start from there on Sunday, I imagine they are working around the clock to repair the terminal in SI.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staten island ferry

The problem is not the terminal in SI. The problem is that with no electricity in lower Manhattan, there is no electrical power (which means not only there are no lights, but there is no way of lowering the gangways) in the Whitehall Terminal on the Manhattan side of the Upper Bay.

Edited: 01 November 2012, 00:06
Belgium
Level Contributor
316 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staten island ferry

OriginalSBW : It doesn't irritates me at all the weather of the last days.But apparently it irritates you I asked this question.Sorry for this but when checking the Staten Island Ferry website the last update is from October the 28th.When I'm on holiday I prefer to do other things than watching tv for a couple of hours.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staten island ferry

Also note that Daylight savings time ends sunday November 4.

When you check in for the marathon (at the hotel in the city) they should be able to tell you how they are getting people to the start line. Did you not sign up for the bus?

I'm guessing there's a chance there will be no Ferry service....

silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/city_hopes…

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,075 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Staten island ferry

Wow, Peter, what an incredibly thoughtless, selfish and obnoxious thing to say. I didn't have a problem with your questions until that. Sorry our disaster is affecting your holiday. Those of us who are recovering and helping our friends recover from losing everything will just get right on doing your research for you so you don't have to watch too much TV while you're on your holiday.

Show some initiative. Look at NYC.gov, www.nytimes.com, etc.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staten island ferry

In peter's defense, I didn't think there was any call for the rude responses that preceded his last response. It was a perfectly legitimate question considering where he's asking -- a travel advising website.

I don't support the last comment either but I can understand why he might have been angry and want to lash out

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staten island ferry

Peter's vile response was indefensible, mntoathens, and the responses he received before his last were not remotely rude. That you think that people who live here who are going through a difficult situation are "rude" simply because they tell someone to look for an answer on the internet, and that this response gives someone the right to "lash out" at struggling city residents because he is not having the fun vacation he felt entitled to, is also entirely thoughtless and inappropriate on your part.

Edited: 01 November 2012, 13:54
Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Guernsey
Level Contributor
5,185 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staten island ferry

agreed ...