We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central park carriage ride

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Central park carriage ride

Hi

I was wondering if the carriages take a specific route thru the park or the route can vary.I'd like to know if we can ride all the way to the Met? Thanks in advance

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central park carriage ride

Please avoid the carriage rides.

aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/animal-precin…

Manhattan
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central park carriage ride

see above and no you can't. It's a lovely walk.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central park carriage ride

Thanks. if yoy have noticed I'm from Russia. We don't have animal rights,political correctness and femenism=). But we've got beatiful women and "manly"men.

England
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central park carriage ride

The carriages tend to take a "set route", they do not cover the entire park.

Edited: 09 November 2012, 23:23
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central park carriage ride

The carriage rides can be nice, but equally nice is walking through Central Park. That's what we typically do and we love it!

NY
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Central park carriage ride

Agree that you should not do this!

Edited: 10 November 2012, 01:42
London
Level Contributor
185 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central park carriage ride

Jekav. The majority of New Yorkers and many visitors find the carriage rides cruel to the horses. There have been instances where horses have dropped dead in the street. You say Russians aren't bothered by animal cruelty so another point of view for you is that it's not good value for money. You get about 15 mins and there is a specific route the drivers take you, it's smelly, uncomfortable and you may get ripped off. But if its what you want to do then its up to you.

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Central park carriage ride

Hi,

Just got back from New York and my partner wanted to do a carriage ride until we got near to the horses...the stench was horrible and you could literally smell them coming.Needless to say we changed are mind and had a lovely wonder around Central Park on foot.Hope you have a great holiday:)

9. Re: Central park carriage ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2013, 10:16