We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

I have a dilemma and need some expert advice.

I really want to see The Pajama Game when I am there next weekend. I've spent a lot of time searching for tickets. Last week, I found an auction on ebay, the guy listed 7 tickets in the title of his auction, but in the description it said the auction was for 2 mezzanine row E tickets. I emailed him Monday from the auction site to have him clarify whether or not the auction was for 7 or 2 tickets. He didn't answer me until yesterday, the day the auction ended, and I didn't read the email until after it was over.

He has just emailed me and said he still has tickets for seat numbers 101-107, row E in the mezzanine. I went to nytheatre.com and looked at the seating chart for the American Airlines theatre, and it looks like the mezzanine seat numbers run from 120-141. 101-107 would be in the orchestra.

He said he'd take $275 for 2 tickets and overnight them to me for $30. I am not sure if I should do it. Does this sound like a legit offer to any of you, or could it be a scam? I am really tempted to do it, because my other line on tickets fell through yesterday, and I thought it was a pretty sure thing, so I'm really feeling disappointed right now!

Thanks in advance!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,169 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,055 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,417 Reviews
from US$37.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

It sounds fishy to me. I've looked at the seating chart and not only are there NO seats 101-17 in the mezzanine, even if it were a typo, there's no logical option. How was he suggesting you pay him? Why has he not sold 7 tickets? Sounds weird.

Have you checked applause-tickets.com?

New York City
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Here is a link to the Roundabout Theater seating chart for the American Airlines theater.

www.pajamagameonbroadway.com/pg_seat.htm

Seats at Broadway shows are the section (orch, mezz, balc) row (AA-BB, A-Z and number with 3 digit numbers in the center and 2 digits on the sides (usually).

The Mezz at the AA theater is one LONG center section so 101 is on the side

I still would be very, very, very carefull about buying tickets from anybody but the theater or telecharge/ticketmaster.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

whiz, yes I did check applause-tickets.com, they had no tickets for Saturday or Sunday. His original reply to my email just said 275.00 OR BEST OFFER 101-107 SEAT NUMBERS, today's email said STILL HAVE TICKETS 101,102,103,104,105,106,107 MEZZ ROW E , with his name and phone number. The auction site says he is in Howard Beach, NY. He didn't say anything about how to pay, but the auction listed paypal, personal check, cashier's check or money order. I always pay for auctions using paypal, so that's what I'd do if I bought these. Since he emailed me through ebay, there is a message on the email saying the following:

Do not respond to the sender (through the eBay system or your email provider) if this message is an offer to buy or sell an item. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs.

I've both sold and bought over 200 times on ebay for the last 6-7 years, and never had any problems, but this one just really threw me for a loop. I agree, it sounds fishy, and you always hear if it sounds too good to be true, it isn't. So my gut feeling is to not do it, BUT...I reallly really want to see this show!!!! and I'm running out of time to get tickets.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

oops, that should have been if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

I can't offer advice whether this guy is legit, but I can tell you that seat 101 is on the aisle, center section.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Why don't you PHONE him and ask him???

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,299 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Well the seating chart CPINY posted CLEARLY has those numbers in the mezzanine and they're all the way on the right aisle. Have a look

www.pajamagameonbroadway.com/pg_seat.htm

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Ok, I'm going to call him and then I'll post back. Thanks!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
606 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Geez, those thick NY accents! LOL. I had a hard time understanding him & had to ask him to repeat several times.

He says he bought the tickets from a broker, had family coming in, but they cancelled, and he needs to get rid of them. He only has 5 tickets, not 7, cause 2 sold in the auction. He emailed everyone who bid on the auction but didn't win, and he's had a lot of emails and calls. He wants $500 for 2 tickets, I offered him $350, and he is going to give me a call back by Monday if he can't get rid of them for more than what I offered.

Oh, and he will overnight them for $30, so I'd have them in hand before I catch my plane Thursday.

Thanks for all your advice, I'll let you know how it turns out.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pajama Game tickets - Need advice!

Check his record as an ebay seller too - if he doesn't have any history with ebay I'd stay away from it.