We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway suggestion

Mooresville, North...
6 posts
Save Topic
Broadway suggestion

My wife and I (both early 30's) are coming to the city for a few days right after Christmas and are looking for a show suggestion. We saw Memphis last summer when we were up and loved it. Just looking for some suggestions of what others have seen and thoughts.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway suggestion

Avenue Q, which is off Broadway, is probably the single most recommended show here on TA. Off color and snarky with a "Simpsonesque" sense of humor, I've seen it twice and think it's wildly funny. You should have no trouble getting tickets and it's usually discounted at www.broadwaybox.com

Edited: 13 November 2012, 19:07
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway suggestion

For our upcoming Christmas visit, I've just bought tickets for Glenngary Glen Ross.

If you liked Memphis, you might enjoy Jersey Boys. Great, high energy show.

Edited: 13 November 2012, 20:10
Teaneck, NJ
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
11,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway suggestion

I should have mentioned this earlier but www.didhelikeit.com has reviews from all the major critics of all the shows

Here's a few audience favorites

War Horse

Newsies

Mystery Of Edwing Drood (just opened)

Once

Peter And The Starcatcher

Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
602 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway suggestion

I saw Chaplin a few months ago and thought it was great, if you have any interest in his story. I also loved Mamma Mia with the Abba music.

www.nycstylelittlecannoli.com

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway suggestion

We enjoyed War Horse in October and Jersey Boys..... very different to say the least...... War Horse is playing at Lincoln Center Theater so you get to see that area which is lovely at night. Jersey Boys has the recognizable music of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and is told from several different perspectives.... quite good.... a bit of foul language... Saw Wicked the last time we were there.... definitely a great show.... a little harder to get tickets for that one....

6. Re: Broadway suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:19