We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
244 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

i managed to get a reservation, but is it normal to be put on hold for 10-15 minutes to make a reservation? on and off a different person will speak to you then put you on hold again..after that another person will speak to you on the phone and after 17 minutes i manage to make a reservation...

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

If the same person is seating guests while simultaneously taking telephone reservations, I certainly think the live guest in the restaurant should get priority. Do you disagree?

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

If you phoned just before posting, then they would be busy with their lunch business. You should expect delays when calling at peak times.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
244 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

hmm i called around 12 noon...maybe...but it just get pass around when i called.

Greenwich...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

Yes, it's normal. You were not their priority, nor should you have been.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,837 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

It's fine. Restaurants can be hectic places. You're lucky you got to talk to real people instead of being switched to voice mail.

If your concern is that this is an indication that your service will be poor, I wouldn't worry about it.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
244 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

should have called much later.. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

I once was checking into a hotel when a long line at the desk developed. The clerk kept taking phone calls whenever the phone rang. Finally the man in front of me on line took out his cell phone and called the desk. The clerk took the call, and he said 'we're all waiting right in front of you" Finally the line moved. So if you're calling some place to make reservations, its best to call on "off" hours.

8. Re: So i called peter luger and managed to get a reservation..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 14:18