We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

Madison Square Park's newest art exhibit is a 30-foot tall lighted orb called "Bucky Ball". It pulsates with changing colors and is very pretty! It's in the SW corner of the park, the entrance nearest to the Flatiron Building, and will be up through February 1, 2013.

I just put some Bucky Ball photos up on Flickr...I updated this page with ~40 NYC autumn photos taken in recent weeks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fave-snaps/

I highly recommend stopping by at dusk or after dark - it's a great installation!

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

Thanks frangipani7. Have added it to our list of things to see during our upcoming visit. MSP does have some interesting art!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

Ditto

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,393 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

You take great photos. And I loved those post-it-notes about Sandy on the Fishs Eddy window.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
6,148 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

Thanks! Fishs Eddy has great window displays - just before the hurricane it was a wedding dress made of teaspoons. The post-in note idea was very clever!

5. Re: Giant Glowing "Bucky Ball" in Madison Square Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:17