We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

barclays arena

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
barclays arena

should I take a taxi to the barlcays or use the subway.

I will be going to fridays game, leaving from times square. I will be cutting it close as it is, so I am wondering if it will be faster taking a taxi instead of the 26 minutes the subway ride will take (checked the subway schedule). I am just concerned about traffic from times square to the barclays at around 6:45pm on a friday.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: barclays arena

The subway.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: barclays arena

Traffic around the Barclays Center is nucking futs. I know - I live about a seven minute walk away. You will be sitting in traffic while the meter spins. The Atlantic Ave/Barclays Center station is right there. It will save you time, aggrivation and money.

The Subway is THE ONLY WAY to get to Barclays Center. Unless your idea of fun is being stuck in traffic.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: barclays arena

The subway is TOTALLY convenient and safe... the exit is steps away from the venue itself... I did it alone (except for the thousands of people at the concert), but with no friends of my own, or spouse.... and felt completely safe......

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: barclays arena

thank you all so much for your advice! subway it is!

5. Re: barclays arena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:19