We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Empire State Building Express Ticket

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Empire State Building Express Ticket

Is it worth buying the express ticket to queue jump at the ESB? Does it get really busy? We are visiting New York 31/12/12 - 04/01/2013 so I'm assuming this will be a busy period. We don't mind paying extra for the express ticket if it will save us some time!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

Our experience on 2 Jan 2009 ....a beautiful day...was that the queue was 3 hours long without the Express Pass and so we bought the passes and went straight in...bypassing 3 queues..security, tickets and elevator...then got Express option Down as well..it was amazing....I wouldn't want to stand in a queue in freezing temps for an hour, let alone 3. It's only one example, but was so wonderful we'll be doing it again this coming visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
618 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

Im going in 2 weeks (yay!!) and bought the express pass (travelling with 3 kids so I didn't think I would appreciate the long hours). Is it the same Express pass for going up and down? (Did not realise that going down would be an issue!). When I bought off the site there seemed to be only one option.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

Hi again...going DOWN wasn't an issue in terms of long queues...it was just included (sorry if I made that unclear in at #1)

...we thought it was really funny.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

Yes it is worth buying the express ticket to queue jump at the ESB. Go for it. Best of luck...

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

Thanks for all your replies, I definitely will be buying the express tickets!

If you purchase the tickets online do you collect them when you are there or will they email them to you?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
618 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

I printed mine off an email confirmation they sent. Just wondering, does anyone know if we can exchange them for real tickets (the kind I could keep as a souvenir) when we get there?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
160 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

One option is turn up early in the morning.

Almost no queue at all (at least when I was there).

Enjoy.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

I agree with bahenlker.... just get there in the morning and there are no lines.... we got there shortly after opening and had no lines at all.... Be SURE to avoid all the hawkers outside.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

Complete waste of money. Just pick the right time and you'll be up there in 15 minutes.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
184 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Empire State Building Express Ticket

We wanted to do the ESB at night, does it get busy at night?