We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese food boxes

Birmingham, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
Chinese food boxes

Hi,

I know its probably been asked before but is there anywhere we can get take out from a chinese with the little boxes or anywhere in the city I can buy these?

Thanks

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,099 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
970 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,372 reviews
from US$36.00*
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese food boxes

Chinese takeout is all over the city. Usually, it is stuff like rice or noodles that come in the little containers. Most places use plastic containers with locking lids for any dish that can be somewhat sloppy.

But, if you went into a Chinese Restaurant and asked nicely - or offered to buy some - I bet that they will accommodate you.

Birmingham, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese food boxes

thanks for your reply :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese food boxes

You can also check out Pearl River (pearlriver.com/v2/FramesCat.asp?iGroup=318) or The Container Store (www.containerstore.com/shop…), tho these are more for gift-giving purposes.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,211 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese food boxes

A little bit off topic ... but you might enjoy the book called "The Fortune Cookie Chronicles". It is all about the history of American Chinese Food.

It's well written and a bit tongue-in-cheek at times, like when the author goes searching for the history of "General Gau".

http://www.fortunecookiechronicles.com/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
364 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese food boxes

forgotmypword~ Thanx for your posting, Never new about this book, looks like great reading, (especially growing up in NY, with Chinese Take-Out)going to order rite now! Thanx again!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinese food boxes

Hey haribostarmix:-) Am mentioned, don't think you'd have a problem asking for a few and offering payment from a Chinese restaurant! If you're looking for using them as gift boxes, you may want to check out Pier1 that offers them seasonally in various colors;-) EnjoY!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,584 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinese food boxes

Try www.paperpresentation.com, and if you see something you like you can go to their store in Chelsea.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinese food boxes

Pearl River has pocketbooks that look like fabric-covered takeout containers. I know that's not what you asked but I think they're so cute.

9. Re: Chinese food boxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 08:17