We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch options by Grand Central

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
564 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch options by Grand Central

We're trying to find a nice place for lunch by Grand Central. We'll be walking down from Central Park on 5th Ave. Something nice, relatively quick, not too pricey. Having a little trouble finding a quality place that's not too far out of the way.

Mentioned in this post
Park Central Hotel New York
Park Central Hotel New...
5,242 Reviews
New York City, NY
Central Park
Central Park
114,454 Reviews
New York City, NY
Bleecker Street Pizza
£, Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Juliana's Pizza
££ - £££, Pizza
Los Tacos No. 1
£, Mexican, Latin, Fast food
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
226 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

Pershing Square, facing Grand Central.

Edited: 25 November 2012, 21:58
Mentioned in this post
5,242 Reviews
New York City, NY
Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

We enjoyed our lunch IN Grand Central because of the variety of shops in the terminal..... it is below the main concourse...

Mentioned in this post
5,242 Reviews
New York City, NY
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15,787 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

The Oyster Bar inside the Grand Central. You can't beat that for good seafood, your location and well priced.

Mentioned in this post
5,242 Reviews
New York City, NY
Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

Yeah i agree. No need to find elsewhere when you can pop downstairs in GCT itself.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

We loved the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Station (they have lots of things besides oysters too if you're not a fan). I was pleased to see it included in the article '12 Tourist Spots in New York That Are Actually Good' that I found on this Forum.

…seriouseats.com/2011/…show-173706 (#8)

Mentioned in this post
5,242 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

The's a food court in the basement of the Plaza hotel right across from the park with very good food and a fun ambiance.

theplazany.com/dining/the-plaza-food-hall/

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

i'd have to disagree and say the oyster bar in GC was possibly one of the worst places i have ever eaten in NYC. We read so much about it, heard it was great so went for a special occassion, the oysters were severely over cooked, I ordered mussles in white wine sauce for main, they were embarrassingly over done, the sauce was awful and bland. I never complain in restaurants but there was just no way i could justify paying for the food we had and in fairness to them they didnt charge us, we paid for my husbands starter and our wine and drinks. So do not go there if you like good seafood!

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: Lunch options by Grand Central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:15