We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good lunch spots

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
good lunch spots

Going to be in NYC this weekend staying in midtown looking for good lunch spots any suggestions. Price ranges can vary just no sushi. Any good places in little Italy? Doesn't have to be touristy, just good. :) Thanks :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good lunch spots

That's a broad swath of NYC. Where are you staying? Are you looking for lunch near your hotel or near the sites you're visiting? Are you looking for a good deli or a something ethnic?

Pam

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good lunch spots

I too am a little unclear on where you'll be, since you mention two areas (Midtown and Little Italy) that aren't near one another. Can you clarify?

Oh, and re: Little Italy:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k5927386…

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good lunch spots

Staying in midtown, will mostly be in midtown and the upper East and West side and around that area but willing to check out good places anywhere really. Just won't be venturing out any of the boroughs. Will be heading down to ground zero cuz the hubs hasn't been

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good lunch spots

If you want some good Jewish deli, Katz's on the lower east side is an institution ("..I'll have what she's having..") Pastrami, corned beef, etc. Here's some info on how to order

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k4649918…

No self respecting foodie would go to NYC's Little Italy expecting great food since it's really become a strip of tourist trap restaurants. But if you're looking for some Little Italy atmosphere, Rubirosa happens to have very good pizza and pasta and is located there. The area north of it called Nolita (north of little Italy) has a lot of trendy boutiques and it's just next to Soho with loads of shops.

Speaking of Soho, Balthazar is a popular spot for brunch on weekends (be sure to book). It's sister restaurant, Pastis, in the meatpacking district is another option and near the High Line.

And speaking of brunch, here's a very complete rundown on brunches

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/707772

Park Avenue Winter and David Burke's Townhouse are 2 places nearish your hotel and near Bloomingdales that I like for brunch.

Having said all that, the Crans are the real foodies so if you describe what you want or where you'll be, I'm sure they'll help.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good lunch spots

It's been quite While since I've been to the city...

6. Re: good lunch spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:17