We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

having......

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
having......

.....a fantastic time in NYC!

Just had brunnch , with a pint of Stella. Going to do the accomplice in an hour. Done central park. Ellens stardust diner was a laff.spent far too much in tiffanys! Mrs T,s fault haha. Went to old king comes bar. Yes we guessed the secret! Met our NYC friends for a Peruvian meal. Lush. Then more drinks...... Hic! We R ha in a ball!

Cheers.. Tom

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: having......

Cheers Tom. ;)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: having......

You've travelled all that way and drinking Stella? You can do better!

Look for Brooklyn Lager, a locally brewed beer... Drink Local!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: having......

Cheers Tom- and have a wonderful weekend!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: having......

m4rk, tried the local beer, didn't like it so i just stuck to wot i know best! anyhow, we're home now. the flight from new york to newcastle took 7 minutes, not 7 hours....... mind u i was pist, sat down, fell asleep and woke up in newcastle! champion. best way to fly!

our nyc friends made us a meal b4 we left, cut our hairs' and took us to the airport, goood friends. they live in brooklyn. park slope.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: having......

Let me reitterate Mark. Stella? NY is at the heart of the craft brewing revolution in America. We not only have Brooklyn Brewery products to keep in mind but also Kelso, Six Point Craft Ale, Blue Point, Captain Lawrence and Ommegang.

Why would you come to NYC to drink what you can get anywhere. Try what we brew here - and you won't be disappointed.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: having......

Mel.

There are a wide range of people in the UK that think the best beers are Foster, Carling, Stella, and any other low alcohol, pilsner, that isn't really a pilsner. I hate to use the word Lager, because a traditional lager like Brooklyn or Yuengling, are true Lagers.

Whereas Craft Beer is huge in the US, especially places like New York and Denver, in the UK it's in it's minority, not helped by the likes of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale), who think anything on Keg isn't right, and only want Cask Ale, which is disappointing that they're not modernising as more and more brewers are brewing craft kegged beer.

There will always be a market for the tasteless brews like Budweiser, Stella, and the likes, because people try one beer they don't like, and they don't try "dark" beers, as they don't understand the flavours, and then go back to wot [sic] they know best.

Not to worry, that leaves more good stuff for me and you next time I'm over. Have you checked out this place yet - http://www.kentalehouse.com/ ?

M

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: having......

Tom, I wanted to send you a PM, but my messaging function has been disabled. Ah well -- in any case, I am glad you ahd a good time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: having......

Nice job Tom. Hope to hear more when your liver has recovered. Did you enjoy The Accomplice?

9. Re: having......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 December 2012, 00:05
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,551 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: having......

It's really not a good idea to post your email address on a public message board...