Hi, my name is Mihai and I am from Romania.
On 2-7 January I will be in New York for the first time in my life. I have travelled a lot of times in Europe but never in US. All I know about the US & NY is from the movies, as I don;t have a real experience so if I will say something offending for any person in this post, I apologize anticipate. So, my questions are:
1. How is the weather forecast for 2-7 Jan? I heard last year the weather was very bad and for 4 days, all airports were closed. I hope it will be dry, no rains or snowing, because I don't intend to stay much time in the hotel beside sleeping and showering.
2. Where I can find a large outlet that contains brands like Timberland, Calvin Klein, Sean John, Tommy Hilfiger etc?
3. How much a taxi cost for a distance between Central Park and Little Italy (for example)?
4. Is it safe to visit Harlem at daylight at least?
5. Is the subway/metro non-stop? Is it safe to travel at nights?
6. I love hip-hop music (80's & 90's especially, (not Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, Rick Ross) are there any bars/clubs in Manhattan where I can find this kind of music in their musical program and the people there are peaceful and don't have ghetto attitude (as I saw in the movies)?
PS: excuse me for my English which isn't that good