We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

Bolton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

I am planning where to go when I visit Manhattan and I have booked to go to the WTC memorial at 10am.

Does anyone have an idea of how many hours (roughly) it would take to walk from here to Rockefeller Centre down 5th Ave if I walk through China Town & Little Italy?

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
574 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

Googlemaps says 3.9 miles, 1 hour 18 minutes by foot. Sounds about right since you'll encounter dozens of stoplights.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,823 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

Chinatown and what's left of Little Italy are not along your walking route. Remember that 5th Avenue doesn't start until you're above Washington Square Park, you'd want to walk up West Broadway in lower Manhattan for the most direct route. Add half an hour to your walking estimate to account for the detour to Chinatown. Or just take the subway.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
317 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

I've made that walk, along with Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park, a couple of times, but because I stop to see the sights along the way and take lots of pictures, it can take quite a while...like 5 hours. LOL

But there really is a lot to see if you zig-zag sightsee like I do. It's a great walk! (I love to photograph the NYC architecture... it's breathtaking!)

If you make a bee-line out of it however, I'd say about 1.5 hours would get it.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
317 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

Anna- I am laughing as I just read the title of your thread.

I guess it depends on what all ya have to say!!! LOL

Bolton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

Hahaha i've only just realised ive written talk instead of walk but you knew what I meant LOL.

Thanks for your answer, I was thinking maybe 4-5 hours as I would be stopping to take photos and look at the architecture along the way.

The reason I was asking is that we are booked into see the WTC memorial at 10am but was hoping to get to the top of the rock before sunset which i've checked is 5pm at end Jan which is when I am going.

Were only there for 3 days and want to see as much as possible.

I suppose I could always hop on a bus down 5th Ave if I am running out of time.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

If you want to get from one point in Manhattan to another quickly, you don't want to get on a bus (and you are heading north, while Fifth Avenue is a one way street whose traffic all goes south); you want to get on the SUBWAY.

Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

Dnt do wat I done any way, I walked from central park all the way to the hudson in lower manhattan nd It took over 5 hrs, the plan was to walk bk but my two feet nearly fell off, on the gd side the views was spectacular

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

I have done 80th and Madison down to Northern Battery Park in 90 minutes to two hours (depending on the lights), "easily" with brisk walking. It can be done as an exercise form when weather is nice with enough window sighting to make it very pleasant.

9. Re: How long to talk from WTC to Rockefeller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 01:16