We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute tips!

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute tips!

Afternoon New Yorkers/New York Lovers!

Heading back to the concrete jungle tomorrow and just wanted to hear what you guys have enjoyed doing recently during your visits and anything in particular you would like to recommend doing at this time of year!

Also fancy maybe going to MSG to see an Ice Hockey match. Are there cheap tickets you can just turn up on the day and buy? Not really bothered about where we sit, more about the atmosphere!

Thanks in advance!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,604 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute tips!

There is no ice hockey because of the lockout. If you want to see MSG, there's always basketball.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,775 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute tips!

Yes, unfortunately the NHL lockout is approaching it's third month :(.....

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute tips!

Ice hockey done. I believe they just canceled the season today due to the strike... Oh well....

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute tips!

What strike

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute tips!

The lockout has been happening before the start of the season.

nytimes.com/2012/…

Season is not fully cancelled, only cancelled through to the Winter Classic.

cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/2135932…

M

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute tips!

Not sure if you'll see this as you leave today but I was in NYC a month ago and really enjoyed taking the cable car out to Roosevelt Island. I had not done this before but finally got round to it on my 5th trip. It was a lovely way to spend a peaceful hour away from the hustle and bustle of the city whilst getting some great views of Midtown. I'd recommend it, wrap up warm though as it's quite chilly by the river.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
477 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute tips!

Agree with a tram ride to Roosevelt Island for great views and an escape from the busy streets of Manhattan! Also a walk along the underrated Riverside Park. Enjoy!

8. Re: Last minute tips!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 09:15