We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tkts

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Tkts

Hello all- I will be arriving in NYC on Dec 27th early morning and leaving Jan 1st evening.

I am wanting to catch at least 2 plays- Dead Accounts and Grace evening shows. I know TKTS is the cheapest way to get tickets but I was wondering if anyone knew about how long the line is for Plays during holiday season.

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,548 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tkts

The Play line is generally shorter than the regular line. There's rarely a line at all.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tkts

You can also print off discounts from the left column of broadwaybox.com and take them to the respective box offices when you arrive in NYC.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tkts

Also just to mention that the lines are usually much shorter in the other (not Times Square) TKTS booths. I think South Street Seaport's TKTS booth is still closed after Sandy but the Brooklyn one is easily accessible by subway and we only waited 10 minutes there compared with 45 at Times Square (although the plays line there is indeed a bit shorter admittedly).

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tkts

I'm happy to hear that play lines are normally shorter!

How far of a trip is it from Times Square to Brooklyn by subway?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tkts

www.hopstop.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
97,820 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tkts

Imo it would be foolish to go to the Brooklyn tkts booth for the shows you want to see. As others have said, the line for straight plays in Times Square is usually very quick or non existent. Using the discounts I mentioned will get you better seats at a slightly higher price and doesn't have to be done same day.

Wesley Chapel...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tkts

Thank you all!

I think that I will just check out the Times Square location and hope the shows I want to see are available. Or if lines seem to long I will purchase tickets in advance using the discounts that nywhiz shared.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
1,305 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tkts

Use a code and either order online or take a walk to the box office to save the handling fee. Why waste vacation time waiting on line. Here's a code for both of those shows.

Discount codes:

DEAD ACCOUNTS .

December Perfs: $62-$109, reg. $67-$137. Valid 12/4/12-12/23/12. January Perfs: $62-$109, reg. $67-$147. Valid 1/2/13-1/13/13. Holiday Perfs: $67-$147, full price. Valid 12/26/12-1/1/13. Mon-Sat 8pm, Wed/Sat 2pm, Sun 3pm. TO ORDER: Online www.broadwayoffers.com or Call (212) 239-6200 & use code DAPLM1126.* Or Bring Guide to the Music Box Theatre, 302 W. 45th St. Includes $2 facility fee. Limit 8 tickets per order

GRACE Save Up to $38 on Orch/Front Mezz: $85, reg. $122-$132. Rear Mezz: $75, reg. $92-$102. Front Balc: $55-$65, reg. $67-$77. Tues - Thur 7pm, Fri - Sat 8pm, Wed & Sat 2pm, Sun 3pm. Valid 12/4/12-1/6/13. TO ORDER: Online www.broadwayoffers.com Call (212) 947-8844 & use code GRPLUM815.* Or Bring Guide to Cort Theatre, 138 West 48th St. Includes $2 facility fee. Limit 8 tickets per order

9. Re: Tkts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 05:16