We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

We'll be visiting NYC in early April, and I've promised my 8 year old daughter we'll see Wicked while we're there. I want her to have the experience of attending a Broadway show. Can anyone help me decide which seats will be best? Having never visited the Gershwin, I'm not sure... we have our choice of either: Orchestra, Row T, Seats 110-112; or Front Mezzanine, Row B, Seats 107-109. Would the Front Mezzanine seats be better, since there will only be one row of heads in front of us? Or would Orchestra seats on the floor be best? These seats are the same price. Another option is Middle Mezzanine, Row F, Seats 107-109. How would these Middle Mezzanine seats be, too far back? The Mid Mezz seats would save me quite a bit of money... hmmm, decisions, decisions... Thanks for any help you can give!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,911 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

My first choice would be Row B, front Mezz.

2nd choice...Orchestra, Row T.

Enjoy the show...it's great!!

new york
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

I would also pick Row B of the front mezz.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
258 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

Row B, Front Mezz

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,846 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

Me too. I'm a normal height person (5-5) but I'm built weird, very long legs-short torso, so I sit as low in the seat as a child would. I would take first row of any section every time, but row B is ok because you can position your daughter in back of the shortest person.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

I love it! A unanimous opinion! That makes my decision so much easier :) Thanks, all! Front Mezzanine it is....

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,485 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

Wow what is it about Row B that seems to show up for tickets ? Well we will find out wont we. Going there this week and have tickets in the aforementioned row B. pure coincidence

Edited: 19 December 2012, 15:11
Front Royal...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

My first trip. Please help as when I look at the seat map I have a choice of Right Orchestra A or center R & Q. There are some Left Orchestra and Rear Mezzanine. No Front row Mezz B! Thank You

Front Royal...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

First Broadway show!. No Row B as so highly recommended. Please help - Center Orchestra H, J, R or Q ? Right Orchestra A or Left Orchestra or I can go to the Rear Mezzanine H & J. It is a special week-end for our family so I really would like to have decent seats. I am looking at purchasing from Broadway Box or Best of New York. I'm not sure if Best of New York is a safe site but they list at some better prices. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

I saw the show on Sunday in guess which row?!? You got it, row B!

The seats were fantastic, you get a fab view and the cast spend a lot of time to the right of the stage which is right in front of row B!

Hope you have a great time, we certainly did :-)

Front Royal...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Seats? Wicked @ Gershwin Theater

Thanks! Any recommendations of the choices I mentioned since you were just there?