We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

full english

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
full english

where can a get a good english breakfast in new york.time sq area.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: full english

Hey mlong61:-) Well, it's certainly a hearty breakfast that will keep you full for a while, that's for sure;-) I remember when in the UK first time back in the 80's I was a bit puzzled when I saw baked beans offered at the breakfast buffet.. then saw folks buttering toast and adding spoonfuls of the beans on top of the buttered toast!! That was certainly new to me, lol!! There was also a try of what looked liked steamed tomatoes.. not as odd.. but still hit the scrambled eggs;-)

Later in my travels, especially in Europe, found 'full English' offered at loads of places so seeing baked beans doesn't surprise anymore;-) Whiz gave you a good list of places where you can eat and feel .. somewhat.. at home;-) Have fun.. and do try an American breakfast while here.. just to compare.. and hopefully, enJOY!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,452 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: full english

That wiki article is funny. My mom made us bacon & egg sandwiches long ago and we ate them at the table. She would have been mortified if we ate while walking to school

And McDonald's popularized it with the Egg McMuffin but they were on diner menus before McD's had breakfast. Breakfast burritos are a relative new comer to the northeast and not on many breakfast menus. Gotta love wiki :)

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: full english

thanks for your help i will try the full american

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: full english

do you know any greasy spoons in poplar . because that was were i was born.and lived untill 10 years ago.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: full english

The's Morning Star Cafe on 9th Ave & W. 57tjh that serves American Breakfast., English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast.

Ohio
Level Contributor
8,555 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: full english

Scotty's Diner serves up a mean American breakfast served by a truly international staff. It's a great place for a NYC diner experience.

Edited: 28 December 2012, 23:38
17. Re: full english

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2014, 10:17