We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports in August 2013 in NYC

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
102 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Sports in August 2013 in NYC

Hi everyone,

We are coming to NY from New Zealand in August (22 to 31) this year. We'd like to see some early rounds of the Tennis Open, a baseball game, and we are hoping to luck in with a Giants/NFL pre season game.

So, how would you recommend getting tickets? And what sort of price are we likely to pay?

Looking online, I cant see anything for the tennis. Stubhub seems good for baseball. And I cant see anything for NFL pre-season yet. I'd appreciate a heads up on when the pre-season schedule is likely to be confirmed, and how to get tickets.

I'm also interested in recommendations on Yankees vs Mets. We dont know much about baseball, and are interested in a great atmosphere and occasion.

Thanks for your help, Laurence and Trudi

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,877 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports in August 2013 in NYC

www.ticketmaster.com for us open tennis tickets. Keep looking at the USTA website for when exactly they go on sale.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports in August 2013 in NYC

Tickets for the US Open won't be on sale for awhile....they have a pre-sale for USTA members and then will open up tickets to the public after that. If I can remember correctly, the pre-sale tickets were offered in April last year so I wouldn't think you would be able to find them until at least after that date. The Mets stadium is located right next to the tennis center in Flushing, so you could possibly see some tennis in the day and then walk over to a baseball game the same evening. I know this past year we went to the practice day at the US Open (which was on Sunday and was free) and some of our friends walked right over to the Mets stadium and bought tickets for the baseball game that same afternoon.

3. Re: Sports in August 2013 in NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:17