We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

I'm going to be in NYC next week and was hoping to see a play (Cat on Hot Tin Roof or Glengarry) by purchasing discounted tickets at one of these booths on the day of the show.

I read from website that the booth starts selling tix at 3pm. Around what time should I get there to wait in line? I'll be trying to catch a show on Thursday or Friday.

I also read that they have another location in Brooklyn that starts selling tickets at 11am. Would I get better tickets over here since they start selling sooner?

Thanks for any advice.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,192 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp

Glengarry looks like a hard ticket to get at a discount, FYI.

Brooklyn certainly has shorter lines. If you're planning to be near the Brooklyn booth anyway, it's not a bad idea to go there.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
11,054 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

For Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, you can get discounts at www.broadwaybox.com and not have to wait in line.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

It's true, tickets for Glengarry are hot and have rarely been at TKTS. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof tickets are more readily available and have been at TKTS frequently, especially for midweek performances. The Brooklyn location opens at 11am daily, including Saturday, tickets are on sale the day prior for matinees. The Times Square location hours vary depending upon the day of the week). If you do go to the TS location, keep in mind that it has a "play express" line.

http://www.tdf.org/TDF_ServicePage.aspx?id=56

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

Thanks for the replies. So I guess I should go to the Brooklyn booth since it does open a few hours ahead of the Time Square location.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

Assuming you have an Apple or Android device, you should download the free TKTS app and look at the offerings some days. This will also help you to learn about differences in offerings at the three booths. Don't count on Glengarry - despite some lukewarm reviews, it's a tough ticket. I thought Cat was fine, but despite the good acting, it wasn't gripping. Have you considered The Piano Lesson, Picnic, or Once?

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

At Brooklyn? that would be great and also reserve some tickets for your friends, they may get out of tickets soon..

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

Also keep in mind, since this is a popular show, it may not be available at TKTS when it opens. If tickets remain available closer to show time, the box office may release some. So you may want to check back with TKTS throughout the day and that's why the APP would be beneficial.

Bergen County, New...
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

I stand corrected on Glengarry ... ... That play was at both the active TKTS booths for Wednesday night, January 9, 2013.

9. Re: Theater Tickets at TKTS booth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 05:18